Sunday, July 26, 2026

The Me Project Revived: Time for New Beginnings

 It's amazing how life changes and you evolve, but you're still the same old you. I've been out of the relationship that started this blog nearly 20 years. 20 years ago I was just falling in love, just moving in, I had just gotten divorced, and I was just moving in. I was having three hour talks, explaining to her how I loved her, I didn't do what she accused, I was only into her, and more, every night. It's amazing thinking about it. Looking back, I was so young, so naive, so willing to prove my love.

Now that I'm older, I've gotten wiser, not necessarily smarter, maybe a little more in touch with myself. I've been married 15 years, in a relationship for nearly 20 (after this relationship ended, I met my future wife but took it slowly), and have developed a love of life. I still have issues and challenges, but as you get older, you become more content overall and hopefully comfortable with yourself. 

So the Me Project Continues. I've been doing quite a bit of work on it, publishing a book focused on the recovery steps that I started here. I'm also moving the Me Project to Substack as the platform has new capabilities and will help with reviving the project. Here's the Substack site: Give me a little bit to get it fully up and running, but I plan on publishing weekly: 

Substack: https://djmercer1.substack.com/

Want to see the first culmination of all this work? You can buy the book that I wrote, Recovering Yourself from a Toxic Relationship: 

https://www.amazon.com/Recovering-Yourself-Toxic-Relationship-Project/

The ride continues.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me your story and how it relates to Borderline Personality Disorder. I appreciate any and all comments that you leave on this blog, and as long as they do not contain inappropriate language or are not on-topic, will publish them. Please note that I cannot respond to blogs as this is an anonymous blog. However, I will publish all appropropriate comments.