Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Did Darth Vader Suffer from Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)?

So, I recently saw some type of analysis of Darth Vader, asking the question: Did he suffer from Borderline Personality Disorder?

When thinking about Darth and what made Anakin Skywalker Darth Vader (referring to the scene in Star Wars where he tries to jump over Obi-Wan Kenobi in a move that Obi advised him against doing), I would say that he had more narcissistic tendencies than borderline tendencies.

He thought that he was invincible, and he was shown that he was not invincible. He grew paranoid and hurt his pregnant wife, but he was more confused than borderline.

The more that I think about it, the more I would say that Darth was not a borderline. He was coerced by the Sith Darth Sidius to turn to the dark side.

Darth Vader a borderline? Not by a longshot. Maybe he was a narcissist, but not a borderline.

Look at the battle between Anakin and Obi-Wan and voice your opinion:

1 comment:

  1. Anakin/Darth Vader sure seems like a Borderline to me. It seems highlighted by Obi Wan saying, "Such black and white thinking..." or something to the extent. That's what Borderlines do - if you're not their slave, you're their enemy. Obi Wan attempts to set a boundary - "I have the high ground/don't try it" and Anakin literally jumps right on over. He refuses to see that Obi Wan is trying to help him and will not seek out alternative solutions other than hurting those around him. Yep - Borderline.

    -Leslie (I'm a non and just got out of a relationship with a BPD)

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me your story and how it relates to Borderline Personality Disorder. I appreciate any and all comments that you leave on this blog, and as long as they do not contain inappropriate language or are not on-topic, will publish them. Please note that I cannot respond to blogs as this is an anonymous blog. However, I will publish all appropropriate comments.