Thursday, December 25, 2008

Have No Fear

Everyone lives in fear of things. We fear falling off of a tall building, getting hurt, getting burned by a fire. In many instances, fear is beneficial. Without fear, we would hurt ourselves physically, often beyond repair.

However, much of fear is not beneficial and is in fact paralyzing. We live in fear that we are going to lose our job. We live in fear that we will be financially ruined. We live in fear that the special person in our life is going to leave us.

For many of us, we recognize the fear then move forward. Others live cautiously, too cautiously, as a result of the fear.

Others are paralyzed by fears, be them real or imagined.

Others, particularly those with personality disorders, will actually make things up because their fears rule them so much that they become reality. The term Fears Become Facts indicates this type of fear.

Besides obvious fears of personal safety and basic fears of things like fire, I'm working on living without fear. Fear paralyzes and restricts us more than it does any good, so why let it rule us?

I am in control of my life. I will not let fear rule me and paralyze me. Life is too short to be paralyzed by fear of anything.

Take chances. If you're not happy with something, change it. Ask for forgiveness instead of asking for permission. Life is too short. Do it. Do It Now, and have no fear.

We live in a world of abundance. The only one that makes the world not abundant is us. Because we live in this world of abundance, we should not have fear of failure. This is, by far, our biggest fear. Material possessions are just material possessions, and we do not take the materials with us when we die. Our gravestone will not say that we had lots of stuff.

We cannot live in fear of anything. We simply cannot. If we do, we are not living up to our potential.

For me, it's time for me to do quite a few things. I'm about to launch a number of initiatives that will begin to provide my foundation for living the life I dreamed of. I'm not worried about material, but I am planning on having many more experiences and seeing the world. Seeing every part of America. Returning to Thailand to see the beautiful people of that country that renewed my love of mankind. Visiting Vietnam, India, more of Europe. Seeing the Tour de France next summer in person on the side of the road either in the Alps or Pyranies (sp?).

It's a small world, and I'm a writer with plenty of ambition, dreams and aspirations. My priorities have shifted in the past six months, and they'll continue this shift.

What a wonderful thing that is.

Have no fear of anything. See the world. Experience as much as you can, then experience more. Throw your television out the window and start living life instead of living life through others.

I'm so blessed to have the opportunities that I have. I'll continue to make them, will continue to give back, thank God for giving me everything that I have, try to manage my fear so I have none, and continue to reap the benefits of the abundant world. I invite all of you to join me -- it's a wonderful world without fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me your story and how it relates to Borderline Personality Disorder. I appreciate any and all comments that you leave on this blog, and as long as they do not contain inappropriate language or are not on-topic, will publish them. Please note that I cannot respond to blogs as this is an anonymous blog. However, I will publish all appropropriate comments.